Thursday, April 19, 2007

First Time to Church

When did you first go to church? What are your earliest memories of church?
Church was our life! That is why Mom and Dad went to the mission field. They went to teach others about life in Christ. Once you receive Christ into your life you join a community to learn and encourage one another in the walk with Christ!
Some of my earliest memories of church are that I usually walked to church with my mom and some students. My dad usually went earlier. We walked on cobbled stone roads. Often we had to share the road with pigs or cows.
In children's church we had the boys on one side and the girls on the other. We ran about 100 kids in there. My brother, David, and I competed to see who could sing the loudest. With that many kids we had to sing loud! That is why we have such strong lungs now. :?)
Things we had to deal with at church that would not be something most of my readers have ever dealt with. We had to deal with dogs, cats and drunks coming through the church during our service!

No comments: