Friday, August 10, 2007

Chores

What chores did you have to do when you were growing up? Did you get an allowance? How much was it?
We always had to make our beds! Depending if we were in the US or on the mission field we had to do the dishes. On the mission field we had maids so we did not help as much in the kitchen. In the US we helped with everything. Saturday mornings were meant for cleaning. The house was cleaned spic and span every Sat. When I got married I thought that was how we would do it. It seemed like we found more interesting things to do and my kids never got that structured house cleaning I was raised with. Poor things....if I was cleaning the whole house at one time they knew we had an event coming up!!!!!
Allowance? I think we might have done that for awhile when we lived in San Antonio. A quarter a week!!!!!

No comments: