Friday, August 10, 2007

Winter Storm

Share a story about a severe winter storm.
Ah, the traditional American story. That question for me should be about a severe earthquake! I went through many of those. The funniest story I recall, and I do have many earthquake stories, is when one was strong enough to devastate the whole neighborhood where our First Church was located. My dad helped clear rubble to find people. They were loading dead people on a truck. That was not funny! Dad had loaded a little lady on the truck and went back to work to find more people. As he turned around with another body...the lady he had just loaded was sitting up!!!!!! She looked at the bodies under her, then at my dad....screamed and jumped off the truck and ran away!! As you can imagine, that sort of freaked my dad out somewhat!!!!!

No comments: