Friday, August 10, 2007

Favorite Meal

What was your favorite meal when you were a child? What made it your favorite?
As a young child I grew up on the campus where my parents worked and my older siblings came home for lunch so we actually had three sit down meals a day with all seven members of the family together!!!!! We had no TV or telephone to interrupt that time!!!! Trying to remember a favorite at home does not click at the moment but I do remember Christmas Eve, late at night, after the Christmas program at church we got tamales. Now you must know that Guatemala is famous for having some of the best tamales. I recall all the little Indian ladies working hard to prepare those for a large crowd at our church in Coban. I recall sneaking out of the church to the kitchen(a seperate building...dirt floor if I recall correctly)to see when they would get done. I still long for Guatemalan tamales. I did find a restaurant in Oklahoma City that serves that particular kind. YUM!!!!!

No comments: